Sunday, October 18, 2009

Nightmare on Herbstreit V: Football Sculpting with Michelangelo and Chubbs


by Idaho Chubbs

Whenever I'm in the city of Boston, the foul smells take me back to the time I resided in Florence, and happy Nostalgia floods my cerebellum. This happens because it was the first and coolest city I've ever lived in. I was there to craft my skills as an artist at Lorenzo de Medici's patron school. I met a young man by the name of "Brody" Buanarroti whose creative skill was unmatched, and we became fast friends. He introduced me to the seductive club scene of ANDROMEDA and SPACE ELECTRONICA. And I introduced him to Brodarian Rules College Football and Project Runway. Are we soul-mates or what? Speaking of Runway, where has Oregon uniform highlights been lately? Since we were in 15th Century Firenze it was quite a Herculean task to stay up-to-date with scores and highlights.  Thank the good gods for my "delorean-time travel application" on my iphone!

The SSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRR!!!! Award goes to the top three teams in the country. Yay, you can all play really gooooood defense but you can't score worth a pigeon's droppings on The Piazza della Signoria. Alabama 20, South Carolina 6 / Texas 16, Oklahoma 13 (gross, nice knowing you Bradford, but I am pleased to have a little more crushed shoulder bone in my BYU Bradford Panini). Florida 16, Arkansas 13 --- EWWWW, GROSSSS!!!---The Gators are the new 2001 Ravens, except Baltimore had a QB who could pass, never won a Heisman Trophy, and never helped Gabriel Battistuta (He's so dreamy-- and INTENSE)  build housing for the under-priviledged children in war-torn Shelter Island. Did anyone see the Arkansas QB Ryan Mallet!? Holy Hercules and Cacus! He is the QB version of Mordrid's Minotaur!!! He makes Colossus look like me...compared to Colossus. While Tim Tebow is working at a nursing home and building construction paper huts for underpriviliged demons in Hades, Mallet will be winning five Super Bowls a year.

Speaking of Badinelli's aforementioned sculpture the USC Brodys defeated The Notre Dame Fighting "Maybe Brodys Some Time Soon?" for about the eighth time in row. Like Brody Buanarroti points out, not only does this sculpture capture the complete essence of the relationship between these two football teams, it was also the pose that Badinelli (Caucus) struck with Donatello (Hercules) in a pic from last weekend when we all danced up a frenzy at club "Dolce Zucchero" (you can see more pics on Lorenzo's facebook page).  Despite the win I still think the Trojans are kind of disgusting and have they no players that can run Usain Bolt 40 times anymore? What gives? Will we ever see Gale Sayers/undergraduate Reggie Bush again?

Well, that's it from Buanarroti and me, we have to go meet with some guy named DAVID so Brody can do some mock-up sketches for a new sculpture he's working on. And then I have to travel forward through time this afternoon to present day Boston so I can reminisce about what I just experienced in the past.....AGAIN---ZUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment